Zephyr North has extensive experience across Canada and internationally in making wind and other meteorological measurements. Some features of our wind measurement capabilities include:
- Installation of meteorological tower measurement systems and instrumentation
- Design of meteorological measurement systems optimized specifically for site characteristics and climatic conditions
- Optimized site selection for meteorological towers based upon map investigations, field surveys and numerical modelling
- SODAR measurement capabilities to augment meteorological tower measurements with wind speed profile measurements to 200m
We are able to maintain a consistently high degree of data quality and retrieval. Each installed system employs only:
- Robust, high-quality sensors and data loggers with calibrations traced to MeasNet or NIST standards.
- Towers optimized specifically for the application, from custom-designed 10m towers, tilt-up 60 and 80m tubular and lattice towers, up to 100m guyed lattice towers.
- Site-optimized data acquisition systems for all locations or environments, using on-site, land-line or cellular telephone, radio or satellite networks
All data recovered is subjected to rigorous quality control procedures, ensuring that data quality is consistently high, and that typically greater than 99% data recovery rates are maintained. All data is screened by Zephyr North’s stringent quality control procedures and is subjected to on-going visual inspection to maintain only the highest levels of data retrieval quality.